Shea Butter is one of the most amazing natural healers we have on this planet! Hands down the benefits are an incredible gift to our skin and health. Shea Butter is extracted from the Shea Nut of the Karite Tree and is used both internally and externally.
Raw shea butter is a smooth, beige solid which doesn’t liquefy at room temperature but melts easily in the hands and can be quickly absorbed by skin This nut offers us incredible value READ ON…..
We need to be in Africa to have this tree available. …Scientifically known as the Vitellaria Paradoxa.
Shea Butter is a triglyceride composed of oleic and stearic, linoleic and linolenic, palmitic acids. All of which are important when creating soap for a balance of oils. Shea is added into soap, lotions, salves and balms as well as used in cooking.
Shea Butter nourishes the skin with Vitamins A, E and F. Vitamins A and E maintain the skin and keep it clear and healthy. They are particularly helpful for sun damaged skin and to help prevent premature wrinkles and facial lines. The Vitamin A in shea butter is important for improving skin conditions, including blemishes, wrinkles, eczema, and dermatitis. Vitamin F acts as a protector and rejuvenator soothing rough dry or chapped skin and helps soften dry or over processed hair.
These fatty acids as they are called also offer great results as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory impacts on our bodies.
For this post, we are concentrating on the benefits for our skin.
- Natural Sunscreen – contains cinnamic acid
- Inflammation reduction with skin rash, arthritis and bites
- Reduction in pre-mature aging
- Lightens skin
- Moisturizes– penetrates the skin delivering antioxidants deep into our skin keeping us hydrated. Shea Butter locks moisture into the skin and prevents drying rough and scaly skin. Apply where dry skin and cracked skin appear on our heals.
- Anti-inflammatory – applying to dry and itchy skin for treatments of Psoriasis, Acne, Eczema and Rosacea.
- Anti-Aging –vitamins A & E found in Shea Butter keep the skin nourished and radiant as it boost Collagen Production supporting protein in the skin. This reduces wrinkles and fine facial lines dramatically. Shea boost circulation and this again is an anti aging approach, along with diet and exercise
- Hair Care– using on dry scalp increases hair growth and moisturizes overworked hair.
- Premature Aging– the butter antioxidant linolenic and linoleic acids prevent oxidative stress in the skin, helping to prevent wrinkles and age spots. Shea Butter increases the collagen production and protein for skin repairs, removing environmental toxins in the form of free radicals.
- Skin Care– applying daily eliminates rough skin and improves tome by aiding circulation to damaged skin cells.
- Stretch Marks– from childbirth or weight gain/loss helps to reduce the visibility of the stretch marks.
- Vitamins A & E- repairs the skin and boosts Collagen production for anit-aging.
- Skin Superfood – Vitamins ae absorbed quickly into skin reducing stretch and inflammation.
- Acne – reducing the scaring of Acne and absorbed into skin without clogging pores. Reducing inflammation which acne is associated with.
Skin rashes are often caused by over exposure to the sun, scars, frost bites and insect bites. Raw Shea and Shea Whipped Body Butter is a soothing solution and stays moist and smooth for hours, sealing in our natural moisture.
Keep a container of our Day & Night Shea Butter on your nightstand as this will yield a high return on investment, given all the healing properties, more than commercial and natural treatments profess.
Terra Stone Organics Day & Night Shea Butter – made with the finest Unrefined African Fair Trade Shea, with the original scent of cocoa and a beige color. Our Shea Butter is blended with Almond Oil and Coconut butter, whipped together to provide a deep nourishing blend into a Body Whip.
3 parts Carrier oil (coconut + almond) to 1 part Shea
Shea Butter has a natural 2 year shelf life.
Let us know how you Love this Shea Whipped Body Butter and our Day & Night Shea Butter.